Saturday, February 16, 2008

More new stuff!





Hey ya'll! Sorry for no updates yesterday, I was busy running errands all day and playing pool at night!

But I got my CherryCulture.com stuff and I am pretty excited! Of course I snapped some pictures! Here is a list of all the products I got, followed by pictures, followed by my first impressions!

Things purchased: Amuse 84 Eyeshadow Palette, NYX Single Shadow in Wild Fire, NYX Single Shadow in Rust, NYX Single Shadow in Dark Brown, Wild and Crazy Shadow in Te Amo, Gold Digger, Magic Purple & Bella(of course I bought that one simply for the name!), 3 NYX Ultra Pearl Mania (loose shadows) in Pearl, Mink, and Turquois, Amuse Foundation Stick, NYX Automatic Eyeliner in Dark Brown, NYX 1000 Miles Long Lashes Mascara in Black, NYX Round Lipstick in Creamy Beige, and a free cherryculture.com cherry lip gloss!

Amuse 84 Eyeshadow Palette

the rest of the goodies :)

close up of tht NYX shadows. L-R Rust, Wild Fire, Dark Brown.

Okay so first impressions wise, I was disappointed with the Amuse Palette. It is SO small. I honestly was not expecting it to be that small. Of course if I had read the website, it clearly states its dimensions. Anyway, after I used one of the red colors and a highlight, my opinion quickly changed! I LOVE IT! The colors are actually really pigmented and are long lasting! This is a great palette especially for someone just starting out in makeup because there are SO many colors! It is great!

I immediately loved the NYX shadows! I haven't tried them yet, but I love their looks and colors! The Wild and Crazy shadows at first glance were just OKAY. I was honestly expecting the colors to be a bit brighter, but you get what you pay for I guess! :) The NYX lipstick is nice, though I probably would never wear it on its own, it is a pretty color! The Amuse Foundation stick could NOT BE A WORSE MATCH for my skin tone. Seriously, it's like pure white. It's VERY pale, and does not work with my skin AT ALL! I really like to Loose Shadows from NYX so far, I'm just not sure how to get them out of their containers, but I'll figure it out :). The liner and mascara are both good, I like them. The free lipgloss reminds me of something I had in 7th grade, lol.

So that's it for my CherryCulture.com haul. Overall, I am pleased with it, and will most likely order again pretty soon!

I went to my local Ulta yesterday. I seriously LOVE Ulta. The sales people are always really friendly. I could spend HOURS just browsing all the aisles looking at everything. So I spent probably about 40 minutes perusing, and didn't come out with much in the end! I was good, I only spent about 9 or 10 dollars, so not too bad!

I bought Neutrogena's makeup remover wipes which I absolutely LOVE, an Ulta nail polish in Ginger Peach on sale for $.99, and some beauty pads to use with face washes, spot treatments, etc.

I'm not going to the ELF plumping lip glaze review for a few days because Bella scratched my upper lip last night :( but it will come at some point!

If anyone would like to see a close or swatch or review of anything, do let me know! :)

Until next time :)

No comments: